Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Organizing Chaos

Sitting down with the menu last night, I was noticing how the theme of the Cafe' was developing without a great deal of effort on my part. There is always that fear that my past experiences will appear to be copied into this present situation. I have learned a lot and been forever changed by the places I have worked at in the past.  In reverence, it's appropriate to reflect the impact those experiences have had on me.  In respect, it's appropriate to never appear to be using someone else's ideas. This has been worrisome to say the least.  The logo I loved the most had a letter f in it that reminded me of a place I'd been.

The menu has begun to speak its own language now. It is developing its own personality. I'm grateful for this "expression of local cuisine".

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your recent comment. I am planning a snowshoeing trip mid-February. If I find myself in your area again, I will definitely stop in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nina,
    We aren't open for business yet, so you'll find us closed. Please keep us in mind for the future. Your photography is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nina,
    In fact, if you have any photos framed you'd like to consign in the cafe', please give us a ring at 906.439.5509.

    ReplyDelete